Updated: May 3
I have some good news for you:
We do have a choice about 2 things that can have a significant impact on our health during the virus outbreak:
1.The food we eat. 80% of our immune system resides in our guts. 80%!
2.The calmer and more in control we are the better our whole system functions. (Prolonged stress has a very negative impact on our immune system.)
As a Holistic Nutritionist, BMedSc (Hons), I thought I might share a few ideas on how to support our immune system at these critical times.
• Eating a rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables, that can be easily washed well, organic if possible; Immune supporting foods are leafy greens, mushrooms, green lentils, onion, etc. Cooking a French onion soup would be a great idea
• Avoiding sugary and processed food, including refined carbs, especially shop bought cakes, sweets, etc.;
• Eating garlic, ginger, turmeric, nourishing WARM home-cooked meals and drinking clove or nettle tea;
• Oxygenating well our bodies by spending more time in nature, especially when it is sunny;
The amazing Stig Severinsen, Danish Biologist and 4-time world freediving champion offers free Breath Training in Corona Crisis™ course that aim to help you strengthen your lungs and Immune system - find more information here.
• You may decide to supplement with:
Propolis (bee glue)
Studies have shown that people with vitamin D deficiency are 11 times more likely to get a cold or flu.
• Drinking plenty of water - a glass of warm water or a tea every 1/2 an hour.
• Practising yoga, meditation, EFT (tapping) or anything that might be calming for your nervous system. Don’t forget to have enough sleep too. A relaxing or defence essential oil blend can be very beneficial;
• Being positive – perhaps watching a comedy, calling a dear friend with a good sense of humour and having a good laugh. As stress compromises our immune systems it is very important to do our best to lift the energy and be optimistic;
• Integrity and compassionate - Trying to support friends and the community.
Please share with loved ones – When we have our health and positive mindset we can achieve anything!
May you and your families be healthy and positive!
Holistic nutritionist, BMedSc (Hons)
Do you need support? - To get vibrantly healthy and wake up happy, calm and confident every day, please join the amazing – 3, 6 or 12 Step Health Transformation programs.
All you need is a pen, notebook and phone.
We can work together from the convenience of your sofa – via phone or zoom.
It’s affordable and amazingly beneficial for all aspect of your life – your family, carrier and social life – you deserve it!
You can book it from here.
Do you need ideas about easy snacks on the go - just check the website www.healthyandconfident.co.uk - you will get 20 healthy snacks ideas delivered straight to your email box.